Next time you find yourself reaching for that muffin, try these bars as a healthier snack alternative.
- 20g puffed brown rice
- 30g flaked almonds
- 30g shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- 20g honey
- 70g nut paste
- 100g dark chocolate melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Place a bowl onto the Thermomix mixing bowl lid and weigh puffed rice, almonds, pistachios and chia seeds into it. Set bowl aside.
Place honey, nut paste, chocolate and oil into the Thermomix mixing bowl and melt for 4 minutes, at 90°C, at speed 1 or until melted.
Add reserved nut mixture and combine for 30 seconds on spin, at speed 1. Working quickly, divide mixture evenly between an 8-hole
silicone bar mould or into a small loaf tin (18 × 7 × 6 cm) lined with baking paper. Press mixture down firmly into moulds or loaf tin. Place into refrigerator for approx. 1 hour to set.
Remove from moulds or tin and cut into pieces (if desired) to serve.
- You can use any type of nut paste or spread.
- We recommend using chocolate melts (instead of chocolate bars) in this recipe, as they melt and combine more smoothly.
- Rice crisp bars can be stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.