Whether you’re ending your dedication to a certain foundation brand or you’re battling seasonal skin changes – updating your beauty cabinet can feel like a daunting endeavour thanks to the overwhelming offerings.
But one thing that can help is getting some inspo from the tried and tested products people swear by. Another tip? Listen to the experts.
And fortunately, we’ve got both areas of advice covered.
Priceline has recently revealed their top selling products for 2017 and we spoke to Priceline Pharmacy Makeup Director, Sarah Laidlaw, to get her intel on what trends are coming next.
You can thank us later.
1. MAYBELLINE Master Precise Liner in Blackest Black
2. NUDE BY NATURE Mineral Cover (Medium)
3. RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Translucent)
4. AUSTRALIS Banana Powder
5. MAYBELLINE Fit Me Concealer
1. SIMPLE Cleansing Wipes Twin Pack 50 wipes
2. BIORE Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips 6 pack
3. GARNIER Micellar Cleansing Water 400mL
4. FREEZEFRAME RevitalEYES
5. GARNIER Micellar Cleansing Water 400ml
1. FUDGE Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo 300ml
2. FUDGE Clean Blonde Violet Toning Conditioner 300ml
3. SCHWARZKOPF Extra Care Super Styling Lacquer Extreme Value Size 500g
4. TRESEMMÉ Styling Mini Hairspray Extra Hold 75g
5. TRESEMMÉ Heat Tamer Protective Spray 300ml
1. GUESS Seductive EDT 75ml
2. BEYONCÉ Heat Rush EDT 100ml
3. KATY PERRY Meow EDP 100ml
4. BECKHAM Beckham Signature Men EDT 75ml
5. JIMMY CHOO Jimmy Choo EDT 40ml
What’s your biggest takeaway from the stats on the best sellers?
I think it’s evident from the stats what consumers were loving last year – Micellar Water was massive and will continue to be in 2018 I think, same with charcoal and pore strips!
It’s great to see such a massive increase in the sales of natural and organic shampoos! There’s such a wide range of products in this area available at Priceline and the fact that consumers are getting on board is great.
I’m not surprised at all about the number of fake lashes that were sold last year, I think lashes are huge at the moment and make a big difference to the overall look of your face - I’m a big fan!
I’m also happy to see Maybelline and Nude by Nature as the top two selling cosmetics brands as they have such an amazing variety of products for such an affordable price.
What do you see the being the biggest beauty trends in 2018?
We’ll be seeing a lot of graphic colour going down the runway this year at VAMFF with bold slashes, stamped-on cream eye shadow, graphic tones and more subtle mixes of teal and blue eye liner like this one from L’OREAL PARIS.
There will also be beautiful glossy skin, a more natural and clean look with minimal makeup used. This trend really showcases the models’ natural beauty by using a liquid foundation polished into the skin for a glowing, almost wet finish, with added gloss on the defining features of the face. This look is finished with a tiny lick of top mascara and a brushed up, natural brow. A great product to use for this look is the AUSTRALIS Shimmer Pots in Taupe.
Finally, there’s the ‘triple pink’ trend - one of my favourites. We’re seeing pinks everywhere- on cheeks, eyes and lips. One of my favourite products is the L’OREAL PARIS True Match Blush in Sandalwood Pink.