For the filling:
- 2 medium custard apples
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored & thinly sliced (800 g)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp rapadura or coconut sugar (15 g)
For the crumble topping:
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal, spelt, or gluten free flour (70 g)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (35 g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 ml), plus extra for baking dish
- Pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a standard (22cm) pie dish with a bit of olive oil.
Scoop custard apple from the skin and remove seeds. Discard seeds and skin. Combine custard apple flesh and sliced pears in a large bowl.
Sprinkle fruit with the ginger, salt, sugar and lemon juice, and toss gently to combine. Tip into the prepared pie plate.
In a medium bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients and stir until oats are evenly coated. Sprinkle crumble over fruit.
Place the baking dish on a tray to catch any drips and bake crumble for 30 minutes, until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of yoghurt or ice cream.
This recipe extract has been provided to Women's Health exclusively by Custard Apples Australia.