Cauliflower pizza Base:
800g cauliflower (1/2 head), cut into florets
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Homemade Tomato Sauce:
1 teaspoon olive oil
400g tin tomatoes, chopped
1 small spanish onion, peeled and diced
1 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon balsamic
1/2 teaspoon tamari
Sea salt and pepper
600g sirloin, cut into 2cm thick steaks
1 small (100g) zucchini, sliced round
1 cup (100g) button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup (200g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 cups rocket leaves, loosely packed
Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
To make the base:
1. Mix the chia seeds with 3/4 cup water in a small bowl, set for 10 minutes to create a gel, stir after 5 minutes to ensure seeds are evenly dispersed in water. Place cauliflower florets in food processor and blitz to create a fine crumb.
2. Pour the cauliflower onto to a few sheets of paper towel, fold the paper towel and squeeze excess water from the cauliflower crumb.
3. Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl, stir in buckwheat flour, sea salt, herbs, chia gel, olive oil and herbs, mix well to combine. Divide the dough into four balls, and roll out between two pieces of baking paper until approximately 5mm thick.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
To make the tomato sauce:
1. Heat olive oil on low heat in a small saucepan, add spanish onion and sauté 4 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, parsley, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced.
3. Remove from heat and cool slightly before blitzing in food processor to form a paste.
To make the topping:
1. Once the bases are cooked remove from the oven and divide the tomato sauce between the four bases. Arrange the mushrooms, zucchini, olives and cherry tomatoes on top and return to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
2. Whilst pizzas are in oven cook the steaks. Heat a drop of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Season the steaks with sea salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan, cover and rest for 2 minutes before slicing into strips.
3. Remove the pizzas from the oven, top with beef strips and rocket and serve.
This recipe was written by Jacqueline Alwill on behalf of You're Better On Beef.