1. Get it done early AND make it easy for yourself by being prepared the night before. I personally have no motivation after a long day at work to workout, so I know I need to get it done in the morning. The trick to making sure you don’t press snooze is being all ready to go and not having to think about anything. I leave my workout clothes and runners next to my bed so when I wake up all I have to do is put them on and I am ready to go.
2. Plan Your Workout! This is essential. I know personally if I get to the gym at 6am with nothing planned I will walk around aimlessly and not get the most out of my workout. I always make sure I have written down what I am going to do the night before. If you don’t like planning workouts I recommend signing up to a program where all the hard work is done for you and you don’t have to plan a thing! Choose one that you can do anywhere and will give you a really good (and sweaty) workout.
3. Focus on how good you will feel after your session. The hardest part about working out is getting started and I find if I focus on the endorphins and energy I will have after my session I am always much more inclined to workout.
4. Plan your workouts in your diary. Every Sunday I write down my workouts for the week and then tick them off as I finish them. Planning around your schedule is key to staying motivated!
5. Prioritise your workouts and change your mindset. See your workouts like meetings, you would never cancel on a client so don’t cancel your workout. Our health is SO important however as we are all so busy we do tend to push it down the priority list, this is why it is so important to see it as a priority in your life. My workouts are non negotiable in my daily schedule.
Laura Henshaw from Keep It Cleaner is part of the Women’s Health Fitfluential Network. She and bestie Steph Smith are incredibly passionate about leading a healthy lifestyle and influencing young girls to do the same.