Why You Should Never Sleep With Your Phone Charging On Your Bed

Why You Should Never Sleep With Your Phone Charging On Your Bed

A new PSA posted on Facebook by a fire department in New Hampshire, announced that charging your phone in bed can be a HUGE fire hazard.

The Newton Fire Department shared a pic of actual burned sheets and pillows beside a charger, and it’s horrifying.

RELATEDRead This And You’ll Never Skip Washing Your Sheets Again

 

Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow,” they wrote. “The heat generated cannot dissipate, and the charger will become hotter and hotter.”

RELATED: The Scary Ways Using Your Phone At Night Can Impact Your Health

According to PopSugar, there is research that shows 72% of kids and 89% of teens are using their phones in a “sleep environment”.

“The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire,” the fire department added. “This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger.”

It’s always important to make sure your charger is an Apple certified charger, as others can be a little dodgy.

To check if it’s is Apple certified, you’ll find a ‘Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad’ logo.”

This article originally appeared on Girlfriend.

Recommended to you

More From