1. Change up your HIIT sessions - HIIT has gotten a big reputation for burning off those annoying fat spots, but your body can get used to it if you are doing the same HIIT exercise day in/day out! There are so many options out there - so every couple of weeks, shock your body into new levels of fat-burning by switching up your routine. I recently took up the Skierg and Rowing Machines - TOUGH machines and for an added bonus, excellent for those blabbing bingo wings, your triceps will burn!
2. Stick to Fish, Chicken and Eggs as your protein source. We want to be eating foods that are easy to digest to achieve a flatter tummy in just 7 days. Remember your Intestines are around 25 ft long! You want things moving as easily as possible to minimise bloating or anything getting stuck, fermenting and causing gas!
3. Up your intake or pre and probiotics. A happy gut means less chance of bloating and more chance of looking hot in your bikini. Increase your intake of prebiotic foods such as garlic, dandelion and asparagus as well as your more familiar probiotics, sauerkraut, yogurt, kombucha and kefir. Variety is key, try to get a nice blend of both to optimise your good gut bacteria.
4. Get to a pilates class! Nothing makes you suck in your belly more naturally than a strong corrective pilates class. Posture is so important for maintaining a beautiful strong healthy physique. Find a class you love, I personally like Power (jump-board) Pilates as it keeps your heart elevated the whole session. However, do whatever feels good for you and really listen to your teachers cues and work on keeping good form the whole class.
5. Sleep. Probably the most important factor I always address with my clients is if they are getting enough good quality sleep! It’s not only for beauty, a good sleep means you wake up feeling happy, energised and rested - eager or at least not unwilling to start the day. A bad sleep however means waking up and needing stimulants to get you going, and probably keep you going all day. Not only do you feel sluggish and irritable before you’ve left the house, but eating well and avoiding the 3pm sugar cravings will be almost impossible. Get a good night’s sleep, and allow yourself to wake up feeling strong and motivated to exercise, eat well and stay in shape.
This guide was provided my qualified trainer and stretching expert, Tegan Haining, for more click here.