Smashed avo and poached eggs are our weekend brunch MVP. But we're not so keen on paying $18.50 for them... Cue: the WH poached egg masterclass. Read on for the steps to poached egg perfection.
Clean tea towel
1. Start with the egg – you want it at room temperature. Crack it into a cup.
2. Fill a wide saucepan with water, about 8cm deep. Add ½ a tsp of white vinegar.
3. Bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat so it’s simmering.
4. Stir the water so it creates a whirlpool.
5. Gently slide it into the centre of the pan.
6. Let the egg cook for 2 mins if you want it really soft or about 4 mins for a reasonably firm one.
7. Get a slotted spoon and gently remove the egg. Put it on a clean tea towel to dry.
Now go on, pop that on a piece of toast with avo and post it on Insta.