2. If you replace a glass of orange juice with an orange, you'll lose a 225g a month. Swapping the juice for whole fruit saves you 48 calories per day.
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 1,440 calories
3. If you skip your weekly ice cream binge, you'll lose 450g in a month. Polishing off a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is 1,200 calories a pop.
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 4,800 calories
4. If you cut back from two glasses of wine to one, you'll lose 450g in a month. You can still have your vino, just cap your Cab at one glass per day.
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 3,660 calories a month
6. If you go meatless for dinner on Monday, you'll lose a 225g in a month. Swapping your usual steak and potatoes for a hefty Grilled Vegetable Stack sandwich saves you 423 calories. (Try this Roasted Tomato & Chickpea Tagine.)
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 1,692 calories
7. If you skip the bread basket, you'll lose 225g in a month. Even just indulging once a week when you're out to dinner can add up (three breadsticks = 420 calories).
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 1,680 calories
8. If you downsize your salad dressing, you'll lose 450g in a month. Yes to a daily salad, just trim the olive oil from 2 tablespoons to 1 tablespoon and you'll cut 120 calories per day.
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 3,600 calories
9. If you don't get everything on your burrito, you'll lose 700g in a month. Adding sour cream, cheese, and guac adds an extra 1,230 calories per burrito.
CALORIES SAVED IN A MONTH: 4,920 calorie
Now 225g from one simple habit doesn't sound like much but if you choose 2 or 3 of these to focus on each month you are more than likely to see some big changes. Remember weight loss is a marathon not a sprint folks!