Around the world, the negative effect of looking at thin and unrealistic media images on women’s...
Limber up your clicking fingers because Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 deals are coming in...
When cherries are out of season, try finely diced pear, sautéed in a pan with a little butter and...
Around one in ten women worldwide suffer from endometriosis. The condition is characterised by...
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Fennel With Tahini Cream
By WH Staff | Oct 21, 2021
– ¼ cup (60 ml) filtered water
– 600g brussels sprouts, halved lengthways
– 1 large red onion, cut in half then wedges
– 3 fennel bulbs, tough outer layer removed, cut into 1cm slices
– ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
– 1 small handful mint, chopped
– 1 small handful parsley, chopped
– 4 spring onions, green part only, thinly sliced
Tahini, macadamia & lemon cream
– 100g tahini
– ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
– ¼ cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
– ½ cup (130g) plain yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
– 1 tsp local honey or maple syrup
– ½ tsp ground cumin
– ½ tsp salt
– Black pepper, to taste
– 140g roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Heat the water in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the brussels sprouts and cook until the water evaporates. Transfer the brussels sprouts to a roasting tin and add onion, fennel and olive oil, stirring well to coat. Roast for 30 mins, until the sprouts are well-browned.
3. Meanwhile, pop all the tahini cream ingredients except the macadamias in
a blender and whiz on high for 1 min,
or until smooth. If it’s not creamy enough, add 2–3 tbs water and blend again. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
4. To serve, spoon the tahini cream onto a large platter, spreading it out evenly, then scatter the macadamias over the top. Remove the vegies from the oven, cool for a min or two, then pile them over the creamy base. Top with the fresh herbs and spring onions.
Recommended to you
In 2020, a year that saw most of the world united in lockdown, the show that seemed to transcend...
Black Friday is blessing all of us cursed with bad hair days. No matter how you like to style your...
SERVES 8 - PREP 15 mins - COOK 40 mins It might seem weird to mix cheese with ginger, but trust me...
Magnesium is a key mineral to women’s health, and yet many women are low in this essential...
If you consider anything you've ever gotten off of a grazing board a little slice of heaven—but...
Wondering whether your produce-prepping methods are draining their health benefits? Dietitian Laura Tilt is here to boil it down…
TikTok is known for producing a questionable trend, but this new hack has us rethinking our methods when it comes to reheating food in the microwave.
Weight loss is so much more than calorie reduction.
Yep, they're connected. Here's how.
Forget your sad scrambled eggs and try these instead.