So, it should come as no surprise that the mum-of-three is also super conscious about radiation exposure.
Taking to her website, Kourtney revealed that she ditched her microwave after the birth of her first child.
“When I had Mason, I did a lot of health-related research and decided to get rid of my microwave when I read that toxins from plastic containers can be transferred to food when reheated (this applies to BPA-free plastic containers too),” she wrote.
“Also, I’ve heard that microwaves can leach nutrients from food and use radiation to heat food.”
But while most people would simply switch out plastic containers for glass, Kourt wasn’t prepared to take chances.
“I didn’t want to risk having something reheated in plastic when I wasn’t around,” she explained.
“If anything needs to be heated up, I prefer to use the oven, stovetop or toaster oven instead.”
“It only takes a few more minute and the toaster oven heats food evenly (whereas microwaves can sometimes heat food unevenly, so some parts are scorching hot and others are cold, which is obviously a concern for babies and children.)”
“When it comes to my family I play it safe,” she added. Noted.