According to E! News, the model “stopped by” Cedars-Sinai's emergency room in Los Angeles after reportedly having an allergic reaction to a vitamin drip.
"She bounced back quickly and was able to go to the Vanity Fair party without any issues," the source told E! News.
They revealed that the 22-year-old had been taking the vitamin drip to “boost her energy level and overall wellness” but began experiencing negative side effects.
"She had a bad reaction and knew right away something was wrong and that she needed to go to Cedars. They treated her and she was released quickly."
Vitamin drips or infusions typically involve the intravenous administering of nutrients into the bloodstream, which is believed to boost your immune system, increase energy and cure hangovers, amongst other slated benefits. The process takes around half an hour and can cost anywhere between $50 and $1000.
The practice has plenty of celeb fans but some experts aren't convinced.
“Well-nourished adults don’t need IV vitamins – there’s no clear evidence of benefit," Dr Brian Morton, spokesman for the Australian Medical Association, told Body+Soul.
“The issue of any procedure is risk versus benefit. Whether it’s an IV in a hospital or elsewhere, the risk exists and it depends on the location, the sterile environment and the training of the proceduralist.”
Dr Ken Harvey previously told news.com.au, “There is no good evidence that taking things like vitamin C orally or intravenously is going to do anything for your hangover, or improve your immune functionality or lead to better skin and nails."