4. Life “I think it’s great to look to others for ‘life rules’ because we can all learn from each other. I love Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote, ‘Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.’ It really resonates with me as an entrepreneur and a businesswoman.”
5. Business “Surround yourself with people who are the best at what they do and learn from them.”
6. Business “Of all the voices you’ll hear along the way, the most important to listen to is your own voice. Success for me has been a direct result of trusting my instincts, and having the courage to act on them.”
7. Business “No matter the circumstance, I do my research, I study and I’m never afraid to ask questions. Doing this ahead of time frees me up to walk in with confidence and enjoy the process rather than be daunted by it.”
8. “I also recently just posted this quote from artist and poet Cleo Wade on my Instagram, ‘Don’t be the reason someone feels insecure. Be the reason someone feels seen, heard and supported by the whole universe.’ Enough said.”
9. Motherhood “Having kids has given me a clearer perspective on purpose and what really matters in both life and in business. It has allowed me to breathe and allowed me to enjoy being in the moment, which makes me a better mother and a better professional. I’m proud to be able to lead by example and teach my girls to get out there and work hard for what they want.”
10. Balance “This will forever be a work in progress…”
For more from our chat with Jess and much more new year inspiration, check out the January issue of Women's Health. On sale now!