Image: Shutterstock. In a world of fast fashion, palm oil and David Attenborough, I’m a typical...
IMAGE: MIKAEL SCHULZ POV: You’ve just left (insert favourite beauty retailer) with a fresh new...
Let’s take a tour of cultures around the world for the best nutrition tips. While it sounds like...
This episode of Uninterrupted is sponsored by Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Are you looking for ways to...
Three Ways To Make Sweet Potato Hummus
By WH Staff | May 28, 2018
Ahh, hummus – a staple of the dip world. Here are three different ways you can make your own hummus, out of sweet potatoes.
Makes: 3 cups
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 400g Sweet Potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Olive oil and pita bread crisps, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C /180°C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper
- Place sweet potato on tray and drizzle with oil. Toss well and season
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden. Set aside to cool
- Place sweet potato, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Process with enough warm water until smooth. Season. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps
Coriander Hummus with Honey Roasted Cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped honey roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Top hummus with coriander, cashews and chili flakes. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.
Hummus with Pomegranate Molasses and Pistachios
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Top hummus with pomegranate, molasses and pistachios. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.
Hummus with Fire Roasted Capsicum, Feta and Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons fire roasted capsicum strips
- 40g feta, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Top hummus with fire roasted capsicum, feta and smoked paprika. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.
Recommended to you
With her radiant smile and infectious energy, Laura Henshaw has come to garner fans across all...
Limber up your clicking fingers because Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 deals are coming in...
When cherries are out of season, try finely diced pear, sautéed in a pan with a little butter and...
Around one in ten women worldwide suffer from endometriosis. The condition is characterised by...
If you consider anything you've ever gotten off of a grazing board a little slice of heaven—but...
Wondering whether your produce-prepping methods are draining their health benefits? Dietitian Laura Tilt is here to boil it down…
This delicious recipe from Alexx Stuart, founder of the Low Tox Life movement, is all about creating a healthier you and environment.
TikTok is known for producing a questionable trend, but this new hack has us rethinking our methods when it comes to reheating food in the microwave.
Weight loss is so much more than calorie reduction.
Yep, they're connected. Here's how.