Ahh, hummus - a staple of the dip world. Here are three different ways you can make your own hummus, out of sweet potatoes.
Makes: 3 cups
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 400g Sweet Potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Olive oil and pita bread crisps, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C /180°C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper
- Place sweet potato on tray and drizzle with oil. Toss well and season
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden. Set aside to cool
- Place sweet potato, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Process with enough warm water until smooth. Season. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps
Coriander Hummus with Honey Roasted Cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped honey roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Top hummus with coriander, cashews and chili flakes. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.
Hummus with Pomegranate Molasses and Pistachios
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Top hummus with pomegranate, molasses and pistachios. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.
Hummus with Fire Roasted Capsicum, Feta and Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons fire roasted capsicum strips
- 40g feta, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Top hummus with fire roasted capsicum, feta and smoked paprika. Serve drizzled olive oil. Accompany with pita crisps.