1. Microwave peanut-butter oats
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, mix 240ml skimmed milk (or unsweetened soy milk), 50g rolled oats and a pinch of salt.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir in 2 tsps natural almond or peanut butter and ground cinnamon to taste.
- Microwave on high for another 30 seconds, or until oats are soft. Stir before eating.
Serves 1 | Ready in 5 mins 1260 kJ | 2g sat fat
2. Crunchy almond yoghurt
- Stir 1 tbsp natural almond or peanut butter into 240g fat-free plain yoghurt until smooth.
- Gently stir in 2 tbsps sliced almonds and ground cinnamon to taste.
Serves 1 | Ready in 3 mins | 1306 kJ | 2g sat fat
3. Cashew coconut muesli yoghurt
- Mix up 80g rolled oats, 1 1 ⁄2 tbsps chopped cashews, and 1 1 ⁄2 tbsps unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Then stir 1 ⁄4 tsp ground ginger and 1 ⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon into 125g fat-free plain Greek yoghurt and fold it into the oat mixture. Delicious, we know!
Serves 1 | Ready in 3 mins 1188 kJ | 5g sat fat
4. Mediterranean scramble
- Whisk 1 egg and 1 egg white together with 1 tbsp water.
- Then heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and scramble the eggs (in the pan!) with 85g chopped tomatoes, 75g rinsed and drained tinned white beans, 1.5 tbsps feta cheese and 20g roughly chopped baby spinach. Egg-cellent.
Serves 1 | Ready in 10 mins | 1222 kJ | 5g sat fat
5. Apricot almond breakfast wrap
- Stir 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp flaked almonds into 60g low-fat ricotta cheese.
- Spread it on a small wholewheat tortilla and top with 2 sliced apricots. Roll, wrap, eat!
Serves 1 | Ready in 3 mins 1209kJ | 3g sat fat
6. Spicy Avocado Breakfast Bowl
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks... The meals you can make with quinoa are endless. Toss 60g of it (cooked) with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled or boiled.
- Then top with 1/8 avocado and 70g tomato salsa. Add a little salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste.
Serves 1 | Ready in 20 mins 1272kJ | 2g sat fat
7. Apple cinnamon oats with walnuts
- Bring 220ml skimmed milk to the boil and stir in 60g rolled oats.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Two minutes before the oats have finished cooking, stir in 1/2 chopped apple and a dash of ground cinnamon.
- Remove from the heat, stir in 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yoghurt and top with 1 tbsp walnuts. Warning: so tasty that you may never eat plain porridge again.
Serves 1 | Ready in 3 mins | 1239kJ | 1g sat fat
8. Strawberry kiwi crunch yoghurt
- Have a bowl of plain fat-free yoghurt ready, then slice 80g sliced strawberries and 2 kiwis.
- Finish by sprinkling 2 tbsps flaked almonds on top, then sit back and enjoy.
Serves 1 | Ready in 2 mins 1335kJ | 0g sat fat
Find more high-protein, low-sugar food inspo and core sculpting exercises in Women's Health's Shrink Your Sugar Belly ($12.99) – available at newsagents and supermarkets.