What does your morning routine involve?
Meditation and stretching, strong coffee, lathering of tinted sunscreen, making a healthy breakfast and sitting to enjoy it with my family, 60 minute workout.
What does a day on a plate look like for you?
- Breakfast: Coffee, two egg omelette with fresh herbs, goat cheese & avocado (half my son's toast) or a smoothie with MCT oil and peanut butter
- 1 litre of water with Wellco greens and scoop magnesium
- Fresh pressed veggie juice
- Quest protein bar
- Lunch: Bone broth with chicken & veggies or poke bowl
- Vita-wheats and hummus, fruit and nuts or a smoothie
- Home brewed kombucha
- Dinner: line caught fish and veggies or lamb and salad.
- Dessert: dark chocolate or fruit
- Herbal tea
- Glass water with magnesium
How has your attitude towards body changed as you’ve gotten older?
I developed far more respect and kindness for my body as I’ve gotten older. Since having a child I’ve gained a genuine awe for it’s capacity to nurture and recover. I don’t torture myself over food or with exercise. I use exercise as much for the mental benefits as I do the physical results. I like feeling strong, toned & mentally disciplined - and I refuse to endure the boredom of grinding away on a treadmill for an hour trying to “shred" It has to be stimulating, challenging and fun. That’s why Vive Active reformer pilates and boxing are favourites, especially on days when my spirit is flagging – they are an instant boost in motivation.
What does a week of training look like for you?
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday: Reformer at Vive Active. Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Boxing. And Saturday, a long walk on the beach or around the headland with my family. Most days there's a minimum of half an hour of energetic wrestling with my three year old old that makes me bust a sweat and keeps my reflexes tuned.
What’s the best health, fitness or wellness advice anyone has ever given you?
Always mix it up – the body thrives on variety as much as the mind. Choose exercise you enjoy, and always find the perfect soundtrack for your workout. Always know where your food comes from and be mindful of your thoughts as you eat as they have a big impact how your body digests and absorbs nutrients from what you eat.
What is your favourite way to unwind or practice self-care?
A slow walk on the beach as the sun comes up or goes down and then some meditation. Headspace and insight timer apps are great on the go. I’ll often listen to a favourite podcast such as The Guilty Feminist which always elicits a belly laugh and plugs me into a place of empowered thinking. But a movie (solo at the cinema) is an absolute favourite way to unwind. My daily self-care is exercise, even if its 20 minutes of stretching and in the evenings, and at night, regardless of whether or not I’m bone tired, I read a few chapters of a book to turn off the often dramatic narrative of my own life story!
What are your skincare non-negotiables?
- Omnilux treatments - the ultimate skin pick me up (warm golden light is a bonus mood lifter)
- Monthly priori peel
- Hydropeptide Nimni Face Cream – (cruelty free) anti-ageing miracle worker
- Mac Strobe Cream - glow giver
- Elizabeth Arden 8hr lip protectant stick