That’s right, as if you didn’t have enough plants already in your casa (which one can only describe as being a plant away from looking like a scene out of Jumanji), you can now buy more at a sizeable discount, too. The Gardening Special Buys will kick off from Wednesday, 17 March at Aldi, offering a range of indoor and outdoor plants and packet seeds priced between $1.29 and $19.99.
And as if that news wasn’t enough to have you reaching into your pockets already, the best part is there’s something for everyone. Even if the idea of owning a plant has you cowering in your boots, thinking of Kate Hudson’s outcry in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (“You KILLED our love fern?!), fear not - you can always start off with a discounted succulent or ten.
Items in-store will vary between states, but you’ll likely find these glorious plant beauties in all Aussie shops:
- Assorted packet seeds (herbs, flowers, and vegetables), $1.29
- Ferns (90mm), $3.99
- Succulents (65mm), $4.99
- ActiveGrow soil (25l), $4.99
- Pruning shears, $4.99
- Fruit and citrus spray + fruit and citrus food, $5.99
- Trigger spray nozzle, $5.99
- Premium garden gloves, $7.99
- Assorted packet bulbs (Daffodil, Dutch Iris, Jonquil, Ranunculus, Freesia, Tulip Mix, and more), $7.99
- Gardening clogs, $9.99
- Button mushroom growing kit, $16.99 (!!!!!)
- Walk-in greenhouse, $49.99
- Grow table, $89.99
Tread carefully though. The path of plant-ownership is a tricky one that demands time, energy and investment. It looks great and we’re all for it, but soon enough one plant turns to ten and you’re suddenly watching re-runs of Burke’s Backyard for more information. Look out.