The old adage goes that abs are made in the kitchen, but one Aussie fitness influencer is proving that they’re also made at the dining table.
Cass Hines – the mum-of-one who has documented her fitness journey via @cass.fit.healthy – recently took to Instagram to share the rules she followed to get a killer six pack. She told her 127k followers that she found it was less about what you eat and more about how much is going in your mouth and at what time.
“The food I was consuming on the left admittedly, wasn’t as healthy as it should have been but the bigger problem was my portion sizes,” Cass captioned a snap of her body transformation.
Cass says she was brought up to finish everything on her plate before leaving the table (“who else can relate?”) and as an adult she found herself picking at her child’s leftovers. This combo lead to consistent overeating.
“I focus on portion control because I truly believe we can and should have everything in moderation. I’m still able to eat the treats I want, but within reason, so watching my portions remains my big focus.”
She also shared the seven rules that helped her nail her portion control once and for all.
1. Always sit down at meal times. The car is no exception.
2. Eat with no distraction which includes having the TV on, reading a book, newspaper, phone etc.
3. Always try and eat with family or others.
4. Fill a small side plate with food, rather than a large dinner plate for lunch and dinner.
5. Consume a big glass of water prior to each meal.
6. My 4yo’s snacks and meals are not an option.
7. Take my time with every mouthful at every meal.
Sensible advice we can all stick to.